Terms and Conditions
International Referral Reimbursement Policy
“Friend” means the individual being referred by a Referrer.
“Non-paid Referrer” means an upGrad learner who has neither made a part payment nor full payment towards any upGrad Program and is making the reference. Block payment or caution amount are not considered as a part payment.
“Non-paid Referrer Reward” means the benefits that will be provided to the Non-paid Referrer.
“Paid Referrer” means an upGrad user who has either made a part payment or full payment towards any upGrad Program and is making the reference. Block payment or caution amount are not considered as a part payment.
“Paid Referrer Reward” means the benefits that will be provided to the Paid Referrer.
“Qualified Referral” means a (i) referral is for the Program listed in Table A; and (ii) Friend has made the part payment or full payment, as the case may be and have not withdrawn the enrolment.
“Referrer” means either a Paid Referrer or a Non-paid Referrer.
“Referral Code” is the code generated when the Referrer submits his own application or otherwise in a manner decided by upGrad.
“Reward” means the benefit receivable under this Policy, in the form of cash, gift vouchers or fee waivers, as the case may be.
2) Eligibility Criteria for this Policy:
The Referrer must share her/his Referral Code with the Friend, which in turn must be used/applied by the Friend in his/her sign up /application process at upGrad for a Program. The Referral Code can be added by the Friend in the edit profile section before the application is submitted. upGrad shall not accept the Referral Code any time after the application is submitted by the Friend. The benefit under this Policy can be availed only for the referral of the programs listed in Table A and if the referral meets the criteria for a Qualified Referral. This Policy will be in force till the end of June 2024.
3) Value & Disbursement of Reimbursement Reward for Qualified Referral:
(i) For Referrer: The value and disbursement of the Reward for Referrer shall be as per the Table A, Table B and other terms of this Policy. The Reward receivable by the Referrer shall be determined on the basis of the Program which the Friend has registered and paid for. For example, if the Referrer has enrolled for Deakin Master of Business Administration (Global) (E-Learning) and the Friend is enrolled for the upGrad Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management (E-Learning), the Referrer and the Friends shall be eligible for a Reward attributable to the upGrad Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Management (E-Learning) in the table below. Referrer will have option to select from the following modes of Reward pay-out :-
- Gift Voucher :- This will be given to the Referrer within 20 working days from the timeline specified in Table B, provided Referrer has shared the requisite details within 3 months from the date of receiving a request from upGrad or such other timeline as communicated by upGrad failing which the Referrer will forfeit the payout. Reward will be credited in the Referrer’s bank account within 15 working days from the timeline specified in Table B, provided Referrer has shared the required bank account details on time.
- Cash Reimbursement :- Reward will be credited in the Referrer’s bank account within 40 working days from the timeline specified in Table B, provided Referrer has shared the required bank account details on time within 3 months from the date of receiving a request from upGrad or such other timeline as communicated by upGrad failing which the Referrer will forfeit the payout.
Table A: Program wise value of the Reward for Referrer:
*Reward pay-out will be subject to the applicable TDS and/or other applicable tax requirements of the country of the Referrer or the Friend, as the case may be.
Table B: The pay-out eligibility, timeline & value shall be as per the table below:
Has made full payment for the Program or paid more than 50% of the Program Fees
Will be eligible for 100% Non-Paid Referrer Benefit once the Friend's Program commences
Will be eligible for 100 of the Paid Referrer Benefit once the Friend's Program commences
4) Fair Usage Requirements:
- This Policy has been designed with a vision to make upskilling a lucrative and economical option for the friends and family members of our learner community. Use of the Referral Code against the letter or spirit of this Policy or violation or non-compliance with any of the terms of this Policy would result in disqualification and the concerned Referrer or Friend would not be eligible for the corresponding Reward. Further, in such instance, upGrad has a right to block the Referral Code. The decision of upGrad shall be considered final.
- The Referrer must refrain from sharing the Referral Code publicly, such as on social media platforms or with any employee at upGrad or other entity associated with the direct sale of any of upGrad’s Programs for the purpose of getting the Referral Code used by upGrad’s prospective learners who the Referrer has no connection with.
- The Referrer shall refrain from misrepresenting any Program or creating a fake account or an account solely to avail benefits under this Policy.
- To validate fair usage, upGrad will conduct a call-based verification process to understand the connection between the Referrer and Friend.
- The benefits under this Referral Policy cannot be clubbed with any other scholarship/fee waiver or benefits. If you have already availed another benefit, the benefits of this Referral Policy shall not apply. For further clarity, please check with your respective counsellor.
- The Referral Code usage is limited to five (5) enrolments per quarter. Any exceptions made to the foregoing limit for learners/alumni will be communicated by upGrad.
- The Friend who has blocked the seat and has enrolled with upGrad without the Referral Code or with an incorrect Referral Code, will not be allowed to modify or add the Referral Code at a later stage to avail the benefits under this Policy.
- Any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Mumbai Courts.
- upGrad learner who enrolls again for another program, shall be eligible for above mentioned alumni discount of the program in which the learner is enrolling. In this case the learner cannot use any referral code and will not be eligible for any referral reward.